Sunday, January 23, 2011

Relaxing Sunday



I had to work today; but only worked a few hours because we were dead. I guess everyone is home watching the games. My Steeler's won!!! I've been a Steeler's fan since the 70's and LOVE THEM!! My friend loves Green Bay, some friends of ours are having a super bowl party; I can't wait; it should be lots of fun. I'll work during the day so I'll have time to come home and shower and get my Jersey on. :)

I stitched a little on Rose Garden by BBD. I started as one of my Crazy Challenge pieces; I"m stitching it for my mom for Mother's Day. I'm stitchng my grandma's (moms mom) initials and the year she was born (1909). It's going to be beautiful. I almost miss counted it; I'm not going to frame it; I haven't decided yet how I'm going to finish it; I think I'll either make a pincushion or a flat fold? I'm only gonna have about an inch left on the bottom. I almost (and I mean that lightly) want to frog it and start over; but I don't think I will. LOL

I ordered some stash from 123 Stitch on Friday night and recieved an email that most of the items were sent yesterday; I ordered Cardinal Winter by LHN, and Rosey also by LHN and they were on backorder as well as WDW's "LOVE" thread, they will ship Feb 2. But the rest of my order shipped; I hope it gets here soon :) I love ordering from them; they are always so fast to ship your order out. This is the first time I've ever had something on backorder from them. I stopped at KFC and got a bucket of ckn for supper; because of my game I wasn't going to cook. :) I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday; I don't really have any plans; I think I'll do laundry and stitch tomorrow.

I am posting a picture of my mom's gift; and of course my darling granddaughter; Scarlett. She's getting so big and has quite the personality! I love her dearly..

7 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

That smile just melts my heart.

Meadows08 said...

Your BBD is going to be lovely. What a great gift.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress. Gorgeous picture of your granddaughter.

Niina said...

She looks so happy! I also ordered from 123, LHN's speciel edition bed and CCN's Blueberry shortcake...

blueladie said...

Beautiful stitching Shar, but an even more beautiful granddaughter! She's a cutie! I LOVE her smile! :) Cathryn

Tricia T said...

You have a wonderful start on your new piece! And gd's picture is beautiful as always. I thought of you yesterday when my Packers won. :-) Glad you have friends that like that Packers or I thought I might not get the giveaway that I won! LOL!!! Isn't it exciting for both our teams, though???!!!

Terri said...

She is a cutie and that's a wonderful picture of her!
Can't wait to see the finished sampler!