Monday, June 6, 2011

TULSA, Stitching & Sad News..





Kenny arrived Friday; it's been kind of "different"; we'll just give it some time. Then Saturday night I was in the shower and heard my dog barking so I got out and Kenny was outside w/our neighbor (it was like 11:30 p.m.) and came up holding our cat "Mickey"; he'd been hit and killed by a car and they never even stopped or looked for the owner :( We've had him since he was born, he didnt have a tail at all!!! And had quite the personality. LOL I miss him dearly and cried almost all night and still get tears; I'm so thankful Kenny was here to get him out of the road and bury him for me. It's so funny how attached to our pets we get.

On the stitching front, I stitched a lot on my "Home of a Needleworker 2 on Saturday night (before I knew about Mickey) and I have my Birds of a Feather ready to begin today; I can't wait to get it started; I'd run out of CC's "Weeping Willow" for Home of a Needleworker and ordered another one from 123 Stitch and it came Saturday and is totally different; I'm not quite sure how I'm going to use it now, it looks like a totally different colour. (frown)

Sorry I'm late on posting my TUSAL... Hope everyone has a good week; it's so darn dry and hot here in Pueblo, Colorado; I'm hating life and will be for the next few months; I HATE summer!! and the hot weather...YUCK!!

8 comments:

Wagapapa said...

I'm so sorry for what happened with Mickey :(

Your stitching is great and I'm also thinking about starting birds of a feather, don't know yet.

A big hug from here!

Mouse said...

sorry to hear about your fur baby :(... good progress on your HOAN sorry to hear that the colour is different mmmmm can't help on that one as its a hand dyed thread ... short of saying buy two together and unpick (I know swearing !!) ((((HUGS)))) mouse xxxxx

blueladie said...

Shar, again, I am so sorry you lost your furbaby. Micky was a beautiful cat. I know how much you must miss him. Cathryn

Binky's Blog said...

Sorry for your loss of your furbaby. They certainly a part of our family. Hugs to you. Your stitching is looking good.

natalysneedle said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty! I hope things work out with Kenney. As far as overdyed thread goes you can probably match it to another skein but only if you have one in hand. Best Wishes.

Shelleen said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty. I have had a couple hit but the last one the person stopped, he was a teenager and felt horrible.

Nancy in IL said...

Shar, I'm just wiping away tears as I look at your beautiful Mickie and think that he is no longer with you. I'm so sorry!!! My daughter also has a kitty without a tail - so cute!

HoaN2 is looking good, really good. Oooo, don't know what to tell you about the green. It's so hard to match with different dyelots. Maybe if you start the new one in an inconspicuous spot (or further away), or is that impossible?

Jules said...

(((HUGS))) to you and your family.