Monday, January 2, 2012

A finish & new start...





Hi all, hope everyone had a wonderful & safe New Years. We had a quiet one; I worked then we went to Golden Corral for dinner and then laid in bed watching T.V. til midnight; then we went to sleep; pretty quiet night. I'd love to go out; but there is just too many drunk & crazy people around.

I was off work today, I cleaned the house and then sat and finished my January Cottage, & started this little Heart & Hand kit I found in my growing pile of stash. I've had this kit for about 4 years I think..lol Something I "had to have". I am really enjoying stitching it; the material is a little dark and hard to see but I'll manage..lol I'll be stitching a lot of snowpeople for a while; I'm in the mood to stitch them...lol Sorry the picture is blurred; I'll take another one tomorrow; I should be done. I'm off work and plan on stitching most of the day; I do have to run to Kohls and return some work shoes I got, they hurt my feet; so I'm taking them back. I need some new jeans for work hopefully I'll find some on sale. Here's my TULSA jar; all empty and ready for a new year of stitching...I have the past 2 years in another jar. I'll have to take a picture of that sometime..

Kenny is off work today and he makes the BEST spaghetti sauce; he surprised me and made it today; he cooks it in the crock pot and when I was stitching I heard him doing something in the kitchen and went to investigate and he was putting it in the crock pot..yummy; we just ate and I ate too much..

Hope everyone is doing well...

10 comments:

Gabi said...

Congrats on your finish. It's lovely. So is your new wip.
Wishing you a great 2012

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the colors on this. The food looks yummy. Happy new year.

Deborah said...

January looks great. I just love a man that can cook!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on the finish of the cottage ... my pattern is still on its way to me across the pond .. well done on the new start and long may the stitchiness continue :) love mouse xxx

Shirlee said...

Your finish is gorgeou & I love the new start! Thanks for reminding me that I need to find a TUSAL jar. Can't start stitching without one : ) I make my own spaghetti sauce too. Kenny's looks really good! Blessings, Shirlee

Ranae said...

I just love the blue in your pretty finish.
Nice start on the new one.
Ah! Golden Corral is so good, but I eat way too much, lol

Siobhán said...

Love the finish! Nice new start, too. I've never been to a Golden Corral--it sounds good!

Happy new year!

Kathy Ellen said...

January cottage looks great! What a wonderful hubby, to make dinner for you.....looks yummy!

Friendship Crossing said...

Wow Sharlene! Looks like you're getting a great start on your stitchy pieces for the new yr!! Looks great!
That Kenny is a keeper!

Hugs,
Tanya

Trace4J said...

Just beautiful Shar!
Love your stitching.
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com