Monday, February 6, 2012

A little stash & progress...



I swear if it isn't one thing it's another; on Friday I started feeling like I was getting a toothache in a tooth that was just worked on 2 months ago. I called & they said my new dentist wouldn't call me in any antibotics til he see's me tomorrow..so I just thought it'd "go away", by Sunday morning my upper lip, nose and part of my cheek are swollen and hurts so bad I can't even barely put make up on and I wear Bare Escentuals; it's just powder and hurt. I look like one of the "Who" people from Dr. Seusse...LOL Well this morning it's just as bad; so I went to my dentist office and the lady in the office almost got smacked...lol she said my dentist was off today and I just had to wait; there I stood all swollen and looking like a monster and she couldn't have another one of the dentist in the office prescribe me something. She told me to go to the emergency room; I can't afford to do that; so I'm just waiting til tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.

Kenny had a Dr.appt for his diabetes; then we went to Walmart & ate at IHOP; I ate some scrambled eggs and some hash browns. I've just ate soft stuff and I'm getting tired of it. Then we came home and I laid down from 4:30 to 7 and slept; I haven't been sleeping well. There's nothing worse than a tooth ache. The only good thing was coming home to find a package from 123; a few things that were on backorder last week. Now, maybe I'm just complaining because I don't feel well; but I'm sure most of you will agree. When I started stitching in 1984 charts were $2.50-$5.00, now were paying double (& more) and the charts I got today I love, but was disappointed in the way they are made; it's just a piece of paper; not even packaged in plastic like most are. When I got my Sergei pattern last week it was packaged so nicely; so I don't mind paying the extra money; it had a piece of cardboard and packed in nice plastic to protect the pattern. My Homespun Elegance wasn't packaged at all and both charts are bent some and those of you who order from 123 know they package their products well; it's not them. Ok I guess I've "bitched" enough for the day...LOL Thanks for listening ladies...:)

I stitched on my Feb word play for a few hours last night; I changed the color of the hearts from Roasted Marshmellow to Lambswool. The RM just wasn't showing up. So, I was planning on stitching all day; but I'm going to the dentist and then if I'm feeling better I may go to Joanns, I need some Valentine material.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Love the word play charts. I would love to stitch them someday. I hope your tooth feels better soon.

Linda

cucki said...

wow word play is so sweet and lovely new stash..
hope your tooth feel better soon..
hugs xx

Mouse said...

OHHHH I am sooo mad ... you need to be seen straight away with your face like that .... go and insist ... you need some antibiotics NOW and don't take no for an answer !!!!! (I used to work as a dental nurse and receptionist sooo know what I am talking about)

ps lovely stitching stash and I know what you mean about the packaging aspect .....
let me know how you get on girl :) love mouse xxxxxx

Shirlee said...

Lovely new stash stuff but ohhh! I shuddered seeing that Word Play ... made a cross with my fingers like people do when a vampire is coming hear them ... lol! I know what you mean about cheap charts. I've been disappointed a few times ordering charts & getting just a piece of paper, sometimes bent, once dirty! I hope you get some antibiotics today! Blessings, Shirlee

Maureen said...

I do hope you've managed to see a dentist today and got your tooth sorted - i have had horrendous toothache in the past, you have my sympathies!

and I know what you mean about the cost of charts and how they are packaged etc, - i came across a gorgeous site the other day but they were wanting up to £20 a chart and still expecting you to print it out yourself, not impressed...

Sally said...

Oooh no I hope you're feeling better soon Shar. Your definitely need some antibiotics or something as that sounds nasty.

Your Word Play looks lovely and nice new stash. I have to agree on the price and quality of some charts. They're getting so expensive and like you say just thin paper. I guess we'll still buy them though!

pam said...

Hope you are not in too much pain to stitch! Word Play is looking goood.

Catherine said...

Oh yuck on the tooth! I hope you have had relief by now.
Love your Feb.Wordplay! I have seen those new charts from HE and completely agree with you on the quality.

Marilyn said...

Nice stash!
I hope you get your tooth problems resolved soon.
Nothing worse than a toothache. :(
Marilyn