Friday, August 26, 2011

Thanks...

Thank you ladies for your sweet words; I made it thru that "good-bye". Whew, it sure was a tough one. The girls are in Dallas now; I just spoke w/Ashley, their "driving around" because she has a 1/2 a tank of gas and the car has to have 1/4 of a tank before they ship it. I told her to go to a gas station and ask someone there if they want a 1/4 tank of gas..they could syphen (?sp) it out and she's afraid it's not legal and she won't do it. LOL I told her it's her gas; I know it's illegal to syphen out someone elses gas but not your own. LOL

I'll just feel better once their in Germany with Torry. Or even on the plane. I know she's a smart girl and I'm so proud of her. She's done so much growing up. Being a military wife does that to you. My dad was in the Air Force and Ashley's dad was in the Army; so I was a military wife/daughter also. I love the military life.

I haven't done much stitching; I did start Jolly Jack; I have the words and 1/2 a crow done; I think I'll stitch tonight til Kenny gets home from work; then were going to Colorado State Fair; my manager is giving us tickets to see Little Big Town; I think it'll be fun and I need some fun. I'll take pictures. Thanks again for the sweet words..they make it easier..I gotta go get ready for work..Hope everyone on the East coast will be safe..Your in my thoughts; I have a brother living in Virginia Beach. I hope he's safe, but the hurricane can wash my SIL out to sea; it'd do everyone a lot of good if it did. LOL..

1 comment:

Debby said...

I have a hard time every time I leave my grandsons (or they leave me) and they're only in VA. I can only imagine having a grandchild half a world away. Part of me would be excited as having a fun place to go visit, but with the cost of travel, those visits would be way too far between! Get Skype or something so you can talk online as often as you can!