Thursday, December 22, 2011

Darn Camera....






I finally got around to finishing some ornaments and when I was taking pictures my camera died; so I'll have to post the other ones tomorrow. We have about a foot of snow outside and it's still lightly snowing. I rode to work w/my friend who lives across the street, we slipped all the way to work; when I got there 3 people called off so instead of having 8 waiterss, we had 5, which was fine we could have gotten by with 3.

I broke down and ordered myself the January Word Play and the threads I don't have needed for it and another chart from LK I plan on stitching for someone "special" :) so I won't show it yet. I figured I haven't ordered myself any stash for a while now. Merry Christmas to ME!! LOL

I had some sad news this morning; I have waited on this adorable older couple for 4 years, well in March we lost Mrs. Rains; Mr. Rains comes in every Thursday & Sunday; I would always find a few minutes to sit and visit with him. I know he missed her terribly; whenever his daughter (from Virginia) & son (from Ohio) come to visit they come see me; me and his daughter (Barbara) exchanged phone numbers without him knowing so she could call me and check on how he's doing w/out him knowing she was checking or if he didn't come in for a few days I'd call her, we've gotten close; well she & her hubby were here visiting, a week ago Sunday Mr. Rains slipped and fell in the bathroom and they took him to the hospital. She called me this morning and told me he'd passed away yesterday. :( He was doing so good; but went to sleep and passed away. I know he's happy to be with his wife again, but we will all dearly miss him. You never know what life holds for you, just live everyday like it's your last and tell every person who you love how you feel for them because you never know.

Hugs,Shar

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your LH Snowman turned out so cute.
Wow, that's a lot of snow!
Cute pic of Scarlett, she's getting so big now. Love her little skirt. :)
Sorry to hear about your apecial friend.
Marilyn

Shirlee said...

Oh Shar ... you are so right about never knowing what life holds for us & to live every day as if it could be your last. I guess it's only human nature to think we're going to live forever ... but I mentioned the other day on my blog that I have been guilty of uttering the words "next year" or "next Christmas" quite a bit lately. Every time I do, I have this mental poke in the ribs & I sort of hear James saying "Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business & make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while & then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live & do this or that." (James 4:13-15) Thank you for sharing the photo of the snow! I love the snowman stitching & I'm glad you ordered the January Word Play. So did I ... maybe we can do a SAL : ) Blessings to you, dear friend ... Shirlee

Mouse said...

oh well done on the finishes and the stash enhancement ... sorry to hear your sad news .. never a good time but at least he is with his wife now ... hope you have a lovely christmas and a stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, returning the following, your profile didn't link to you blog but then we were co-runners up on Shirlee's blog and I found you!
Sorry to hear about your customer. It must have been such a comfort for his family knowing that you were keeping an eye on him.
Have a lovely Christmas xx