Saturday, August 25, 2012

3rd & 4th places..






Me and Hayden went to the fair tonight and my ornament placed 3rd and my Mystery Sampler placed 4th. :) I'm very happy with that since it is my first year entering things in the Colorado State Fair. It makes you feel all "warm & fuzzy" seeing a fair ribbon with one of your pictures. LOL I'm already planning for next year; I want a red or maybe even a blue ribbon...LOL

It's so darn expensive to go to the fair; I don't see how families can afford it; it was $10 for each of us to get in; then we went and saw Kenny at the ride he's running; he tried to get me to ride on it; there was NO WAY I was going to get in that thing!!! LOL He has to sit in the middle of it all day and spin around & around. Glad it's him and not me. LOL Hayden played a few game (another $10), each of us got a bottle of tea, then we went to the vendor selling NFL things and other things; I'm a very, very big STEELERS fan. :) I got a couple of those rubber braclets and Hayden a bandana, I talked the guy into letting me having them both for $15 instead of $23 LOL Kenny had his break while we were there and we sat and drank our teas and got him a lemondae; then we went and looked at the bunnies and chickens.

I love the chickens except I feel sorry for them being in the little cages. There didn't seem to be as many people there as there was last year. It's really started to cool off here; the weather was perfect to walk around. Work was slow today; hopefully we'll be busy tomorrow; I'm broke now; but we sure had fun :).

7 comments:

Gabi said...

Congratulations!!! Your pieces really look great...and to be officially awarded must be so nice :)

cucki said...

congratulations dear xxx

Marilyn said...

Congrats on your winning ribbons Sharee!!
Glad you still had fun at the fair,
Marilyn

Krista said...

Sounds like you had a nice time at the fair. Congrats on your ribbons!! what fun that must be!

Vickie said...

Congratulations on the ribbons Sharee. I know how badly you wanted them.

Lynn said...

Congrats on your winning entries at the fair! You must have been sooo excited!

Jane said...

Congratulations on your prize-winning entries. What's up for this year?